Founded in 1975, the Sacramento Valley Marine Association serves the Greater Sacramento Valley and it’s industry members, providing retail event opportunities at the annual Sacramento Boat Show, as well as state and federal legislative lobbying in support of recreational boating in Northern California.
The membership base is largely made up of retail boat dealers in the Sacramento region who maintain sales and service outlets in the area. These dealerships support the local economy and the boating public at large.
Membership in the SVMA
Member must have an on going boating related business with full service capabilities located within a 50-mile radius of the California Exposition & State Fair in Sacramento, CA, or within the Lake Tahoe Basin. Sailboat dealers are subject to the same rules; however will be accepted within a 100-mile radius, also to include the Lake Tahoe Basin. Temporary lots or P.O. Box locations will not be considered for membership within the Association.
- New members must pay a one time, non-refundable application fee of $500.00 to join the Association. In addition, all members must pay an annual membership fee (currently at $100.00).
- Members must be in good standing to be eligible for Association Benefits.
- This is an application only. Applicant must be approved by the SVMA Board before becoming a Member.
- Members are subject to the rules and by-laws of the Association.
The board members are:
- President - Craig Larson - Larson Marine
- Treasurer - Gene Moynier - Brothers Boats
- Jerry Herota - Bucks Outboard
- Bob Bense - Superior Boat Repair & Sales